BREO ELLIPTA 100/25 is a prescription medicine used to treat COPD, including chronic bronchitis, emphysema, or both. BREO ELLIPTA 100/25 is used long term as 1 inhalation 1 time each day to improve symptoms of COPD for better breathing and to reduce the number of flare-ups (the worsening of your COPD symptoms for several days). BREO is not used to relieve sudden breathing problems and won't replace a rescue inhaler.
TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR TO SEE IF BREO CAN IMPROVE YOUR SYMPTOMS OF COPD FOR BETTER BREATHING.
Whether you're coordinating a food drive or planning a family outing, you believe in making things happen. And you don't want your breathing problems to get in the way. BREO ELLIPTA may be able to help you breathe better.
BREO is a combination of two medicines—an inhaled corticosteroid (ICS) medicine called fluticasone furoate, and a long-acting beta2-adrenergic agonist (LABA) medicine called vilanterol—creating the first and only once-daily ICS/LABA that helps improve lung function for a full 24 hours. Your results may vary.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- People with asthma who take long-acting beta2-adrenergic agonist (LABA) medicines, such as vilanterol (one of the medicines in BREO), have an increased risk of death from asthma problems. It is not known if LABA medicines increase the risk of death in people with COPD.
- Call your healthcare provider if breathing problems worsen over time while using BREO.
- Get emergency medical care if your breathing problems worsen quickly, or if you use your rescue inhaler but it does not relieve your breathing problems.
- Do not use BREO to relieve sudden breathing problems. Always have a rescue inhaler with you to treat sudden symptoms.
- Do not use BREO if you have a severe allergy to milk proteins or are allergic to any of the ingredients in BREO. Ask your healthcare provider if you are not sure.
- Do not use BREO more often than prescribed.
- Do not take BREO with other medicines that contain a LABA for any reason. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take and about all of your health conditions.
- BREO can cause serious side effects, including:
- Common side effects of BREO ELLIPTA 100/25 for COPD include:
- runny nose and sore throat
- upper respiratory tract infection
- thrush in your mouth or throat. Rinse your mouth with water without swallowing after use to help prevent this